Venture Photography and Team Digital have teamed up to show you the ins and outs of studio photography.
There is nothing quite like studio photography to give you absolute creative control over your photography. The Studio Photography Fundamentals workshop gives you a hands-on introduction to the tools and techniques of studio photography — with an emphasis on studio portraiture. This workshop gives you the opportunity to try your hand at studio portraiture by working with a model.
Whether you have plans to set up your own studio, or are just curious about studio lighting, this workshop will step you through the process of lighting, directing and photographing people in the studio. Led by seasoned portrait photographer, Greg Perry, you will learn about:
- Using studio lights and lighting modifiers such as soft boxes
- Measuring light from studio strobes
- Determining lighting contrast ratios
- Using key, fill, accent and background lighting
- The classic portraiture lighting techniques
- Bringing out the best from your portrait sitters/models
Studio Photography Fundamentals is a great way to get your head around the technical and creative aspects of studio photography. Places are limited to 10 participants, so book early if you’re keen