After selling the Cinetic Axis 360 for a few months we can safely say we are impressed with you can do with system and so are our clients. Its very reasonably priced for a system like this and it gives you so many creative options. Come in to Team and check it out for yourself.
A motion control system that slides, rotates, or tilts a camera on three different axis for dynamic video and timelapse photography. Axis360 is compact and lightweight, sets up easily, and is extremely versatile. Its powerful stepper motor moves at a wide range of speeds, fluidly or incrementally, and works with most DSLR, mirrorless, and cinema cameras.
Axis360 is run by the Controller which operates on CineMoco software and includes a built in 6 hour rechargeable battery. Speed range in video mode is variable up to 110°/s. S-M-S (shoot-move-shoot) mode enables moves as small as 0.03° incrementally! The Controller works with the Axis360 to enable smooth motor controlled movement.
The Slider is an ultra smooth rail track and cart system. The cart rolls on eight urethane coated bearings and has adjustable drag. The slider moves smoothly by hand, or with a belt and pulley system that enables the Axis360 motor to drive the slider. It comes by default in a 32″ length, and you can choose to upgrade to 64″ or 96″. Each length comes with the necessary belt for use.
Specifications & Requirements:
- Required: Any camera that shoots digital video or stills.
- Weight Limit: Slides 5 kg vertically or horizontally up to 1.4 cm/s.
- Product Weight: 5.9 kg.
- 1/4″-20 & 3/8″-16 thread attachment
- Aluminium rails of Slider are 32” long, they break down into four 16” sections. Slider is expandable with additional purchase of Slider Extension.
- Controller records up to 6 hours in continuous mode and 24 hours in power saving mode.
- An Axi360 and Controller is required for each axis of motion that you want to drive simultaneously.
- You can combine multiple Axis360’s for 1, 2, or 3-axis movement.
- In a set up with an additional Axis360 and Controller, controllers can be controlled individually or daisy chained together with a standard 3.5mm stereo cable for synchronised control.
- Compatible with Dragonframe.
- Video functions do not require a camera cable, and many cameras support time-lapse with a built-in intervalometer (no camera cable necessary). The Controller controls the camera shutter with included camera cables for many Canon and Nikon cameras, and cables are available optionally for less common cameras are also available on our online store.
- Axis360: a digital stepper motor that makes smooth and precise moves. It can be configured to pan a camera, tilt when used with the tilt kit and slide when used with the slider. Axis360 can move any camera weighing less than 5 kg with a standard 1/4″-20 mounting thread.
- Slider: an ultra smooth rail track and cart system. The cart rolls on eight urethane coated bearings and has adjustable drag. The aluminium rails break down into 16 inch segments. Outrigger legs enable setup on any terrain, and a centre 3/8-16″ tripod mount allows height versatility. The slider moves smoothly by hand, or with a kevlar belt and pulley system that enables the Axis360 motor to drive the slider.
- Controller: a compact motor controller. It controls super slow moves while firing synchronised timelapse photos and quick moves for video. The controller works with most video cameras and can sync moves and timelapse photos on most Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras with included cables (Canon N3, Canon E3, and Nikon DC0). A controller is required for each axis of motion control that you want to drive simultaneously and controllers can be controlled individually or daisy chained together with a standard 3.5mm stereo cable for synchronised control. Controllers have CineMoco software version 2.0.
- Tripod: a compact, strong, and lightweight camera stand. Each leg has six adjustable positions and threaded rubber feet for fine tuning. A 1/4″-20 thread attaches to a camera, ballhead or motor.
- Ballhead: a super efficient, adjustable camera mount. It has two strong quick connect points and 1/4″-20 threads on both ends.
- L Bracket: L shaped bracket that enables Axis360 to tilt a camera with perfect balance.
- Arca-type Plate: a balancing quick release plate that secures large cameras and lenses for extra smooth movement.
- Clamp: quick release clamps to attach to L Bracket or Arca-type Plate.
- Camera Cables:
N3 – Canon 1D Series, 5D Series, 6D Series, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D
E3 – Canon 60D, 60Da, Rebel (300D), Rebel XT (350D), Rebel XTi (400D), Rebel XSi (450D), Rebel T1i (500D), Rebel T2i (550D), Rebel T3i (600D), Rebel T4i (650D), Rebel XS (1000D), Rebel T3 (1100D), Pentax K series DSLR
DC0 – Nikon D800, D700, D300s, D300, D200, D4, D3 series, D2 series.
Cables are available optionally for less common cameras. Many cameras support timelapse photography with a built-in timer (intervalometer) and do not require a camera cable.
- Slider Extension will add 32 inches to your Cinetics Slider bringing the length to a total of 64” with one extension and 96” with two extensions. You can choose to upgrade the Axis360 Pro to 64″ or 96″. Belts for each length are included. Rails seamlessly connect for a fluid, even slide or break down easily to fit in a back pack. Crafted from durable aircraft aluminium, these lightweight rails won’t fail you even on your wildest adventures.