Could Canon have just upped the ante on Nikon with the rumored Canon 5Ds? Rumored to have a whopping 50Mp sensor which would see Canon winning the DSLR resolution war for first time in a long time. There has been much speculation that Canon would be releasing a new weapon, and the rumors seem to be gaining momentum. If we are to believe what is being said about the new camera, the 5Ds seems to have been built with the Landscape / Fine art / Still life Photographer in mind ie Nikon D800E with no low-pass filter, and a possible change to the colour filter array for more accurate colour capture. We think that we might have the answers to these rumors late next week.
Until then, these are the rumored specs of the new weapon:
- 50.6MP full frame CMOS sensor with Dual processor DIGIC6
- Regular sensitivity: ISO 100-6400
- Continuous shooting 5 frames / sec.
- High precision 61 AF points
- EOS iTR AF
- 150,000 pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor
- New “fine detail” picture style
- 1.3x and 1.6x crop modes
- Customisable “Quick Control Screen”
- Time-lapse movie
- Interval Timer
- Bulb timer