The Art of Lighting with Flash Workshop
Team Digital is delighted to host “The Art of Lighting with Flash” workshop on the 8th of May. This workshop is presented by two of our favorite photographers, Steve Wise and Seng Mah.
If you want learn more about off-camera flash or how to take it to the next level then this workshop is for you. Steve has been creating amazing images using flash at his weddings for a number of years now and Seng has been conducting flash workshops for many years, so between the two of them you’ll get a real insight into how to use off-camera flash and how to make it work for you to create great memorable images. Don’t miss this event!
The flash is one of the most powerful and creative lighting tools in photography — it lets you introduce and create stunning light with artistic flair and absolute control. Join Magmod Ambassador and multi-award winning photographer Steve Wise and travel photographer and photography educator Seng Mah for “The Art of Lighting with Flash” workshop and discover the power and potential that lies in flash lighting.
This is a hands-on workshop for wedding, portrait and lifestyle photographers who are looking to add a different dimension to their imagery with creative flash lighting. Steve and Seng will be at hand to make sure you have your questions answered and are fully supported in your learning of creative flash lighting. You’ll learn to love your flash and be inspired to take your photography further with your new skills and understandings about flash lighting. You’ll enjoy the practical photography events we have planned for this workshop and will spend a fabulous autumn afternoon immersed in a field of creative photography.
You’ll come away with a solid understanding of flash lighting and confidence in your ability to use your flash across a range of different lighting contexts — from using the flash to deal with lighting challenges to creating magnificent, studio-quality portraits on location with your flash.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- The creative thinking behind lighting with the flash.
- Controlling light and shadow to create mood, story and emotion.
- The effects of on-camera and off-camera flash lighting.
- Fill flash and flash exposure compensation.
- Driving your flash speedlight in its TTL and Manual modes.
- Using bounce flash to create directional light.
- Using the flash power zoom for controlled lighting and fall off.
- Creating hard light and soft light with flash modifiers.
- Flash lighting options with different modifiers, including Magmod diffusers, softboxes, stripboxes and octaboxes.
- More powerful flash lighting options, such as the Elinchrom Quadra Ranger.
- Using feathering and fall-off for different creative lighting effects.
- Creatively balancing flash with ambient lighting.
- Off-camera flash lighting – Steve and Seng’s favourite approaches to lighting with off-camera flash.
- The tools, thinking and approaches when lighting with off-camera flash.
Expect to fall in love with flash and off-camera lighting once you have completed this workshop. It will change your photography forever.