The V850 Pro Super Scanner has arrived at Team Digital
Providing up to 6,400 dpi resolution, this powerful scanner consistently delivers precision colour and detail, whether scanning slides, negatives or medium–format film.
Including 4.0 Dmax optical resolution, it offers exceptional image quality, excellent detail in shadow areas and remarkable tonal range. 48–bit colour and 16–bit grayscale provide subtle shades and accurate colour reproduction for everything from professional slides to simple business documents.
Key Features Are
– Precise Colour and Detail – get extraordinary scans with state-of-the-art 6400 dpi optical resolution
– Remarkable tonal range and shadow detail – 4.0 Dmax for smooth graduations and fine shadow detail
– Epson’s exclusive Dual Lens System – automatically selects from two lenses for optimum results based on the media being scanned
– Automatically remove dust and scratches – Digital ICE® Technologies remove many surface defects from film and prints to minimise costly retouching
– ReadyScan® LED light source – for fast scans with no warm-up time required
– Batch scanning – digitise multiple slides, negatives, medium-and large format film with 2 sets of included film holders
– Do more with your film and photos – SilverFast® SE software included for workflow control as well as X-Rite® i1 software for colour profiling and consistency.
– Precision film scanning – includes two sets of anti-Newton ring film holders to prevent film sagging and result in cleaner image reproduction
The question that everyone asks, whats the difference between the Much loved Epson V800 scanner well there is a list.
Compared to the Perfection V800, the V850 Pro includes the following extra features
– Anti-reflection optical coatings on the CCD cover glass for cleaner output with reduced distortion and ghosting.
– High reflection mirror to ensure improvements in scanning speed.
– Advanced Silverfast SE Plus 8 software for versatility and control.
– X-Rite i1 software for colour profiling and consistency.
– 2 x sets of film holders which will allow preparation while simultaneously scanning.
The V850 Pro also offers a host of powerful tools for photo restoration. Digital ICE™ technologies is a unique combination of hardware and software for correcting image defects. Digital ICE for Film uses an infrared sensor to detect dust and scratches on the surface of the film. In a multi–pass process, the dust/scratch is mapped out and carefully removed from the scanned image, leaving the composition and quality intact. Digital ICE for Prints removes the appearance of many types of surface defects from prints, minimizing costly retouching.
Restore faded colour photos, slides and negatives, back to their original brilliance with Easy Photo Fix scanning technology, exclusively from Epson. Take those old family photos out of that shoebox in the closet and share precious moments once again. Just scan your photos renew the colour with one click. It’s just that easy. In seconds, you’re ready to print and display those memories for all to enjoy. Along with colour restoration, Easy Photo Fix also includes Grain Reduction and Backlight Correction.
The Epson Perfection V850 Pro includes 2 sets of redesigned plastic holders for all sizes of film, and all holders now include an anti-Newton ring plate to help prevent film sagging in the mount. This should help users achieve sharper images as the film will be held flat.
For high productivity, these new scanners use Epson’s ReadyScan LED technology, which provides an almost instant warm-up time of less than one second, meaning users can start scanning almost instantly. The Epson Perfection Photo is ENERGY STAR-qualified thanks, in part, to the very low power consumption required by the ReadyScan LED technology, and the extremely low scanning temperature generated by the LED light source makes it safe to scan even the most delicate of originals.
Dual Lens System
Among the many features that set the Perfection V850 Pro in a class of its own is an advanced Dual Lens System incorporating two separate lenses, each designed to optimise the scanning results in specific modes. Based on the scan mode selection, the Perfection V850 Pro will automatically adjust the lens being used. When using the Film (with Film Holder) mode, the scanner will utilise its powerful 6400dpi Super Resolution Lens, which delivers film scan results of incredibly high quality. In Reflective or Film (with Film Area Guide) modes, the Perfection V850 Pro switches over to its 4800dpi High Resolution Lens.
Crisp DefinitionRivalling the quality of many drum scanners, the Perfection V850 Pro – with its 4.0 Dmax optical density – provides users with the ability to create high quality print-ready negative and transparency scans. With such a high optical density, the scanner ensures scanned images exhibit an almost perfect colour tone reproduction of the original negative or transparency.
The Perfection V850 Pro’s optical density is a significant advancement over earlier models and enhances the scanner’s ability to capture full details in both highlight and shadow, delivering exceptionally clear and highly detailed scans. This means that when you scan in your negatives for photograph printing, you will be able to capture the same amount of detail, if not more, than if you had them printed at the photo lab.