Join us for a comprehensive update on the latest release from Adobe®.
In this 1-day course, we will cover:
Ideal for current & prospective users of Adobe® Photoshop and Adobe® Lightroom software.
N.B. this is a BYO laptop class. Participants will need to ensure that both applications are installed and all updates run beforehand.
** REGISTRATIONS HAVE CLOSED **
In this intensive 3-day workshop, participants will (using their own laptops) learn to download, catalogue, develop and then present their digital photographs using Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.
- an overview of Lightroom, its modules and workflows
- Importing from memory card and hard drive. What’s the difference?
- we’ll sort, rate, label & cull, then manage with folders, collections, smart collections and quick collections
- the Library, a catalogue & database: setting up its preferences and starting to working with metadata like keywords.
- going global: cropping, straightening, lens correction, tone & colour adjustments including white balance & exposure
- getting local: gradients and the adjustment brush
- retouching with clone, heal & red eye tools
- sharpening: input & output
- synchronising adjustments across multiple images
- effects: B&W, sepia, split toning, vignetting, adding grain
- Exporting to Photoshop or another external editor
- working with plugins e.g. NiK Collection or OnOne suite
- Exporting to output: resolution, resizing, colour space, file format
- utilising presets & templates
- metadata searches
- merging catalogues i.e. from your travel laptop to your home workstation
- creating web galleries & slideshows
N.B. this is a BYO laptop class as its important that you leave with a well setup catalogue on your own computer.
Return your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol in this course.
This course runs from 9:00am to 5:00pm on Wednesday 4th September.
This is a follow-on from the “Photoshop for Photographers – Fundamentals” short course. Participants will further develop their Photoshop skills & knowledge and practice its application to enhance and retouch photographs.
Content will include; using Adjustment layers & Blending modes, creating composites, automating with Actions, Droplets, & the Batch and Image Processor commands; use Content Aware Scale & Fill; simulate a shallow Depth of Field with Lens Blur, focus stack to expand the Depth of Field, stitch images for panoramas, utilise masks to build a Photo Montage e.g. replace a sky, construct a Picture Package with Smart Objects, utilise Layer blend modes to add depth & complexity into artistic images, employ a range of sharpening techniques, retouch with perspective using Vanishing Point, and create a photographer’s comp card.
Adobe® Photoshop CC will be used in class. It is much less applicable to earlier versions of the software.
We provide unlimited access to tea, coffee, water, biscuits & lollies throughout the course, however lunch is not provided. While there are a couple of places near to purchase lunch from, not many trade on Sundays, so we recommend bringing something with you.