This course runs from 9:00am to 5:00pm on Wednesday 23rd October.
Join us for a comprehensive update on the latest release from Adobe®.
In this 1-day course, we will cover:
Ideal for current & prospective users of Adobe® Photoshop and Adobe® Lightroom software.
N.B. this is a BYO laptop class. Participants will need to ensure that both applications are installed and all updates run beforehand.
** REGISTRATIONS HAVE CLOSED **
This Weekend Session is on Saturday 26th October from 10:30am to 12:00pm.
Want learn more about storage options big and small? We can show you how to optimise your storage regardless of your budget.
Things to consider:
- Developing a backup solution
- How much storage do I need?
- How can I optimise my storage?
- What type of RAID system would work best?
- Do I need Offsite storage?
- Offline Back up ( and Cyber Security )
- Cloud Storage strengths and shortcomings
- Transportable Storage Options
David Johnston: Team Digital IT Expert
Ben Walton: Team Digital
Geoff Temple: Gnarbox
On the day we will cover majority of the top storage solutions such as Synlogy, Stardom, Drobo, Gnarbox, Seagate and Western Digital.
Limited places, register below:
This course runs from 9:30am to 3:00pm on Sunday 27th October, Sunday 3rd November, & Sunday 10th November.
In this intensive 3-day workshop, participants will (using their own laptops) learn to download, catalogue, develop and then present their digital photographs using Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.
- an overview of Lightroom, its modules and workflows
- Importing from memory card and hard drive. What’s the difference?
- we’ll sort, rate, label & cull, then manage with folders, collections, smart collections and quick collections
- the Library, a catalogue & database: setting up its preferences and starting to working with metadata like keywords.
- going global: cropping, straightening, lens correction, tone & colour adjustments including white balance & exposure
- getting local: gradients and the adjustment brush
- retouching with clone, heal & red eye tools
- sharpening: input & output
- synchronising adjustments across multiple images
- effects: B&W, sepia, split toning, vignetting, adding grain
- Exporting to Photoshop or another external editor
- working with plugins e.g. NiK Collection or OnOne suite
- Exporting to output: resolution, resizing, colour space, file format
- utilising presets & templates
- metadata searches
- merging catalogues i.e. from your travel laptop to your home workstation
- creating web galleries & slideshows
N.B. this is a BYO laptop class as its important that you leave with a well setup catalogue on your own computer.
** REGISTRATIONS HAVE CLOSED **
This course runs from 9:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th November.
Participants will: use basic tools and commands within Photoshop to enhance and retouch photographs. They will demonstrate an understanding of digital technology; manage files and folders with the Bridge; straighten and crop images. They’ll enhance the tone, contrast, colour cast, and saturation of an image; make selections using a variety of tools. They will add then edit text and utilise effects; retouch photographs; use the Toning tools; save images optimised for emailing; and sharpen printing.
Adobe® Photoshop CC will be used in class. It is much less applicable to earlier versions of the software.
We provide unlimited access to tea, coffee, water, biscuits & lollies throughout the course, however lunch is not provided. While there are a couple of places near to purchase lunch from, not many trade on Sundays, so we recommend bringing something with you.
Return your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol.
This course runs from 10:00am to 4:30pm on Saturday 23rd November.
10:00 to 1:00pm True Colour 1 (The Intro)
This 3 hour seminar style course introduces the concepts of Colour Management and covers everything you will need to know to get great images out of your Epson Photo series printer — first time every time.
1:30 to 4:30pm True Colour 2 (Fine Art Printing)
This 3 hour workshop deals with: choosing a subject, printing on various fine-art papers, canvas and other media; generating and using profiles to give you the best results; the concepts of Colour Management introduced in True Colour 1 and specifically looks at printing Fine Art images for exhibition and competition.
*Please note that each workshop is $79 or you can attend both for only $149. Price includes a light lunch.
This course runs from 9:00am to 5:00pm on Wednesday 27th November.