This course is designed for people who are wanting to shoot simple videos for product reviews, interviews, behind-the-scenes, etc. using their DSLR camera. Our main objective is to get past the technical considerations and to focus on the creative applications and use of a moving image.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to shoot video with a DSLR camera
- Shoot steadily – hand-held, with a monopod and a tripod, as well as using sliders and Steady cams etc.
- Decide what the best file formats are for shooting video
- Be able to compare resolutions and frame rates for specific applications
- Audio capture for dialogue and atmosphere
- Understand the use of ISO in video shooting
- Understand the role of aperture (ƒ-stop) when shooting video – and how to control it
- Learn about the ideal lenses for video
- Control aperture and therefore the depth of field in different shooting situations
- Understand the need for different angles, shots and points of view in order to make an interesting video production.
** REGISTRATIONS HAVE CLOSED **