268 Lord Street
Perth WA 6000
In this intensive 3-day workshop, participants will (using their own laptops) learn to download, catalogue, develop and then present their digital photographs using Adobe Lightroom 6 / CC
- an overview of Lightroom, its modules and workflows
- Importing from memory card and hard drive. What’s the difference?
- we’ll sort, rate, label & cull, then manage with folders, collections, smart collections and quick collections
- the Library, a catalogue & database: setting up its preferences and starting to working with metadata like keywords.
- going global: cropping, straightening, lens correction, tone & colour adjustments including white balance & exposure
- getting local: gradients and the adjustment brush
- retouching with clone, heal & red eye tools
- sharpening: input & output
- synchronising adjustments across multiple images
- effects: B&W, sepia, split toning, vignetting, adding grain
- Exporting to Photoshop or another external editor
- working with plugins e.g. NiK Collection or OnOne suite
- Exporting to output: resolution, resizing, colour space, file format
- utilising presets & templates
- metadata searches
- merging catalogues i.e. from your travel laptop to you home workstation
- creating web galleries & slideshows
N.B. this is a BYO laptop class as its important that you leave with a well setup catalogue on your own computer.