Redefine the boundaries of super telephoto precision and uncompromising versatility with the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR. Take on the most arduous shooting environments, from adrenaline pumping action to wildlife photography, with this FX-format compatible 2.5x super-telephoto 200-500mm f/5.6 zoom lens.
To ensure high-level optical proficiency with every shot, Extra-low Dispersion glass elements are integrated, along with a cutting-edge Vibration Reduction system. Further reinforcing the standard of NIKKOR technology, a Silent Wave Motor and electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism are employed to meet your expectations of stellar image quality, accuracy and sharpness.
Immaculate imagery in any situation
Be it birds, sports, aircrafts or even moving subjects, this FX-format compatible 200-500mm f/5.6 zoom lens promises the reliability of capturing gorgeous imagery. Built to push the limits of versatility, the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR has a length of just 267.5mm and weighs approximately 2090g. Extra-low Dispersion glass elements are also incorporated to ensure minimal chromatic aberration, allowing for peak optical performance at both maximum wide-angle and telephoto positions.
Shoot sharp and swift
Minimise unintentional image blur, even when youâre out on the slopes, in a field or on a track capturing athletes doing what they do best. Incorporated into the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR is a state-of-the-art Vibration Reduction system that provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 4.5 stops faster in NORMAL mode. A SPORT mode is also incorporated to provide improved viewfinder stability when capturing erratically-moving subjects.
Always on the mark
In the world of action, sport and wildlife photography, precision and accuracy is the name of the game. To achieve this, the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR incorporates both an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism and a Silent Wave Motor. These features deliver stable and reliable auto-exposure control during high-speed continuous shooting, as well as more accurate autofocus (AF) respectively. The AF capabilities of the lens are also maintained when used with a 1.4x Nikon teleconverter such as the AF-S TELECONVERTER TC-14E III.
- Type: F mount, Type E AFÃ¢â¬âS lens with builtÃ¢â¬âin CPU and F mount
- Format: FX/35mm
- Focal length: 200 â 500 mm
- Maximum aperture: f/ 5.6
- Minimum aperture: f/ 32
- Lens construction: 19 elements in 12 groups (including 3 ED elements)
- Angle of view: Nikon FXÃ¢â¬âformat DÃ¢â¬âSLR cameras: 12Â° 20â² to 5Â° 00â², Nikon DXÃ¢â¬âformat DÃ¢â¬âSLR cameras: 8Â° 00â² to 3Â° 10â²
- Minimum focus distance: 2.2 m from focal plane
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilisation: Yes
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 ( rounded diaphragm opening )
- Diaphragm: Automatic electronic aperture control
- Metering: Full aperture
- Filter-attachment size: 95 mm (P = 1.0 mm)
- Dimensions: Approx. 108 mm maximum diameter x 267.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight: Approx. 2300g, including tripod collar; Approx. 2090g without tripod collar
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Internal focusing: Yes
- Focus mode: Manual , Manual/Auto, Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus
- Focus limit switch: FULL, â to 6 m
- Focus distance indicator: Yes
- Focal length scale: Graduated in millimetres (200, 300, 400, 500)
- Zoom: Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Supplied accessories: 95 mm snapÃ¢â¬âon Front Lens Cap LCÃ¢â¬â95, Rear Lens Cap LFÃ¢â¬â4, Bayonet Hood HBÃ¢â¬â71, Lens Case CLÃ¢â¬â1434