It embodies a flawless synergy of NIKKORâs finest imaging technologies, integrating a state-of-the-art Vibration Reduction (VR) system and a Silent Wave Motor for superior autofocus tracking. These innovations are further enhanced with an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism that delivers stable auto-exposure control and Nano Crystal Coat to reduce ghost and flare. Engineered to redefine high quality photography, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR will satisfy even the most demanding perfectionist.
The game-changer for professional photography
Whether you are a photojournalist, a commercial shutterbug, a portrait artist, or a wedding photographer, expect the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR to maximise the capabilities of your FX-format DSLR. This 2.9x normal zoom lens with a focal length range of 24-70mm is indispensable in a professionalâs arsenal, offering the versatility of shooting in a staggering range of scenarios. The maximum aperture of f/2.8 can be leveraged at any focal length to achieve stunning bokeh, remarkable details, and dramatically sharp images.
A Revolution in optical technology
The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is the first NIKKOR lens to feature an aspherical Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element which effectively corrects lateral chromatic aberrations, coma flare at the periphery, as well as distortion and spherical aberration. It also incorporates aspherical lenses, ED glass, High Refractive Index lens elements and Nano Crystal Coat that minimise ghosting effects and chromatic aberrations. These groundbreaking qualities ultimately deliver images of stunning sharpness and vivid clarity.
Pinpoint precession in every frame
The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR compensates for slow, wide panning movements with its latest VR technology, providing a shutter speed effect equivalent to 4.0 stops faster in NORMAL mode. It also features an ACTIVE mode which stabilises the viewfinder image and minimises blurring in captured images when you are shooting from a moving vehicle or an unstable position. Crisp, sharp images can be achieved with every click.
Agility beyond compare
For smoother, faster, and quieter autofocus (AF), the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR comes with Silent Wave Motor that leverages on rotational energy to focus the optics. Its dynamic AF speed is optimised for capturing decisive sporting moments or fast-moving subjects such as animals. The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is also equipped with an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism for stable auto-exposure control, empowering you to achieve images of extraordinary quality even during high-speed continuous shooting.
- Type: Fmount, Type E AF-S lens with built-in CPU and F mount
- Format: FX/35mm
- Focal length: 24â70mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Lens construction: 20elements in, 16groups, (including 2 ED elements, 1 aspherical ED element, 3 aspherical elements, 1 high-refraction element, and elements with Nano-Crystal or fluorine coatings)
- Angle of view: Nikon FX-format D-SLR cameras: 84Â° to 34Â° 20', Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 61Â° to 22Â° 50'
- Minimum focus distance: 35 to 50 mm focal length:, 0.38m, 24, 28, and 70 mm focal lengths:, 0.41m, from focal plane
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilisation: Yes
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Coating: Nano Crystal Coat, Fluorine coat
- Diaphragm: Automatic electronic aperture control
- Metering: Full aperture
- Filter-attachment size: 82mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Dimensions: Approx. 88.0 mm maximum diameter x 154.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight: Approx.1070g
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Internal focusing: Yes
- Focus mode: Manual, Manual/Auto, Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus
- Focus distance indicator: Yes
- Focal length scale: Graduated in millimetres (24, 28, 35, 50, 70)
- Zoom: Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Supplied accessories: 82 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-82, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-74, Lens Case CL-M3
- G-type: Yes