- VR II operation realizes the equivalent of a shutter speed four stops faster
- New Tripod mode reduces vibration that may occur at shutter release when shooting with a super-telephoto lens attached to a tripod
- Enhanced optical formulas, engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, render outstanding image integrity
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating realizes superior color reproduction while minimizing ghosting and flare
- Rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades)
This new AF-S super-telephoto NIKKOR lens is equipped with the VR II system, which minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, offering a shutter speed up to the equivalent of four stops faster.*
The newly added Tripod mode reduces vibration that may occur at shutter release when shooting with a super-telephoto lens attached to a tripod. The new optical design features three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements that minimize chromatic aberration, producing consistently high-quality images. The new A/M focus mode allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus, even during AF servo operation, and offers a major improvement over conventional M/A modes by significantly reducing the possibility of unintentional switching from Auto to Manual.
With their unprecedented image quality, responsiveness and versatility, these new NIKKORs are certain to set a new benchmark for super-telephoto lenses.
*As determined by Nikon performance tests.
- Filter Size: 52mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.9m
- Weight: 4.62kg