- VR II operation realizes the equivalent of a shutter speed four stops faster
- Focus Preset function instantly recalls preset focus points with the push of a button
- Magnesium die-cast for a lightweight body with rugged construction
- Rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades)
- New Tripod mode reduces vibration that may occur at shutter release
This new AF-S super-telephoto NIKKOR lens is equipped with the VR II system, which minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, offering a shutter speed up to the equivalent of four stops faster.*
The newly added Tripod mode reduces vibration that may occur at shutter release when shooting with a super-telephoto lens attached to a tripod. The new optical design features three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements that minimize chromatic aberration, producing consistently high-quality images.
The new A/M focus mode allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus, even during AF servo operation, and offers a major improvement over conventional M/A modes by significantly reducing the possibility of unintentional switching from Auto to Manual.
With their unprecedented image quality, responsiveness and versatility, these new NIKKORs are certain to set a new benchmark for super-telephoto lenses.
*As determined by Nikon performance tests.
- Filter Size: 52mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 5m
- Weight: 5.06kg