- 5.3x zoom lens covering a wide focal range of 16 to 85mm
- Vibration Reduction II enables sharper pictures while shooting at shutter speeds up to four stops slower than would otherwise be possible
- Optical design optimized for superior performance with Nikon digital SLRs
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration while providing higher resolution and superior contrast
- Three aspherical lens elements minimize various types of lens aberration
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating achieves superior color reproduction while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, a significant addition to the DX-NIKKOR lens lineup, is certain to become a favorite of photographers who seek a wide-ratio zoom with exceptional wide-angle capability along with a telephoto perspective ideal for portraiture.
The new wide ratio zoom DX-NIKKOR lens boasts a focal length range of 16 to 85mm, which makes it ideal for a broad range of shooting situations, including indoor-outdoor events, streetscapes, portraits and scenery. When mounted on any DX-format Nikon digital SLR camera, the picture angle is equivalent to that produced by a 24 to 127.5mm focal length lens on a 35mm film camera.
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.38m
- Weight: 485g