- A 5.5x super-telephoto zoom lens with a focal length of 55-300 mm
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four steps
- Two ED lens elements used for superior chromatic aberration compensation
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
A DX-format super-telephoto zoom lens with built-in vibration reduction for simple and enjoyable 5.5x super-telephoto shooting.
The first interchangeable lens to utilise a high refractive index (HRI) lens element, which allows for a more compact and lightweight size, as well as offering pleasing rendering performance
With a refractive index of 2.0 or higher, the use of a single HRI lens element provides the same benefits as multiple elements made of standard optical glass. In addition, as this single lens element also compensates for focal plane curvature and spherical aberration, the lens itself could be made smaller and lighter yet still offer 5.5x magnification and support for super-telephoto shooting at up to 300 mm. It exhibits excellent contrast and sharp rendering throughout the entire frame even at maximum aperture.
- Filter Size: 58mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.4m
- Weight: 530g