The Future in Compact Digital Cameras
The Sigma dp2 Quattro Digital Camera combines the 29MP Foveon X3 Direct Image Sensor with the TRUE III image processing engine to create high quality images with an equivalent resolution of 39 megapixels due to the unique sensor design. This method uses layers of pixels to capture the color data of the red, green, and blue spectrums vertically, requiring no interpolation. This results in a sharper image with better color gradations.
With this technology is a 30mm lens that has an equivalent focal length of 45mm on the APS-C camera. It is relatively fast with a maximum aperture of f/2.8, making it useful in low light. Also, for composing and reviewing images, a 3.0″ 920k-dot TFT LCD display is available on the back of the camera.
- 29MP Foveon X3 Quattro CMOS Image Sensor
- TRUE III Image Processing Engine
- 30mm f/2.8 Lens (35mm Equivalent: 45mm)
- 3.0″ 920k-dot TFT LCD Screen
- ISO Range: 100-6400 in 1/3 Steps
- RAW Image Capture
- Max RAW Resolution of 5,424 x 3,616
- Contrast Detection Autofocus
- Manual Focus Ring
- P/S/A/M Exposure Control