Small and sleek, the Nikon Nikkor Z 28mm f/2.8 is as compact as it is versatile. The comfortably broad field of view suits a variety of applications, ranging from architecture to landscape to street subjects. The f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in available lighting and controlling depth of field and also contributes to a sleek and portable form factor.
This lens packs a punch with the superior optical performance of sharpness and clarity that NIKKOR Z lenses deliver with the Z mount. The combination of versatility with fast, precise, and quiet autofocusing to capture both stills and videos, and the durability of its dust-and drip-resistance performance, lets creators take the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 anywhere and everywhere.
The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 prime lens is almost as light as an average smartphone and as long as a credit card, weighing approximately 155g and 43mm in length respectively. Harnessing powerful performance, the lens and its non-retracting mechanism allows users to make the most of its compact size while a programmable control ring offers intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings..
Key Features of the Nikon Nikkor Z 28mm f/2.8
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in available lighting conditions and also contributes to the compact overall form factor.
- Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design and help to limit spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Dual stepping motors deliver impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible, and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- A specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Performance That Packs A Punch
Tiny but mighty, the large diameter and short focal distance of the ground-breaking Z mount makes it possible for the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 to achieve a balance of superior optical performance of sharpness and clarity while being more portable and lightweight than other lenses in the market.
Experience the quiet, fast and highly precise autofocus (AF) control of the lens which adopts the multi-focus system. Equipped with two stepping motors (STM), the lens allows users to achieve close-up shooting while effectively minimising aberrations around the edges of the frame.
Users will be able to elevate their photography with the lensâ f/2.8 aperture to achieve a creamy bokeh, ensuring that their subjects are well distinguished from their backgrounds, setting their shots apart from others. Additionally, users will be able to utilise a faster shutter speed without compromising exposure, providing sharp and clear images.
Versatility Even With Videos
For photographers looking to capture the special moments, they can simply ease into shooting videos with the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8. Coupled with the lensâ two STM that afford users quiet and highly precise autofocus, the click-less control ring provides convenience and further prevention of operations sounds by assigning various functions onto the lens, allowing users to take filming to the next level.
Whether itâs a child taking their first step, a family reunion or the sunset over the horizon, the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 is designed to adapt to the changes of scenes in your environment. With its stabilised exposure that ensures precise and stable aperture control, the lens delivers natural brightness changes for a more effortless and smoother video-recording experience, even with continuous shooting. With the focus-breathing reduction feature, users will be able to prevent shifting of the angle of view when acquiring focus, capturing all moments naturally and seamlessly from a distance or close up.