The Nikon Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR Lens is a versatile telephoto lens well-suited for working with distant subjects as well as portraiture applications. Its optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion element, which greatly helps to reduce a color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and colour rendering. A Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and colour accuracy in bright and backlit conditions.
Its reach is also benefitted by Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. Also, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
A telephoto lens gives you more than just zoom power. Telephoto lenses are great for portraitsâthey render faces naturally without distortion. They make your subject stand out against a soft, blurry background. They let you fill the frame with interesting compositions. And, yes, they also let you get closer to the action, wildlife, sports, concerts, events and more.
Key Features of the Nikon Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR Lens
- Practical telephoto zoom designed for DX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor for impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Internal focus design with full-time manual override.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
Powerful Image Stabilization
At telephoto distances, the smallest camera movements can blur a photo. Video is even less forgivingâwe're all familiar with shaky smartphone videos. The NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR has the most effective Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization system of any NIKKOR yet, up to 5 stops! Your videos will be rock-steady, and your telephoto photos will be sharp and clear.
The NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR uses a blazing fast, nearly silent stepping motor for autofocusing, and it performs brilliantly with Z series' Eye AF to keep focus right where you want it.
An Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens element reduces colour defects and glare for sharper, clearer images with outstanding contrast.
Assign your favorite function to the control ringâaperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording), ISO adjustments, exposure compensation or manual focus.
Designed and optimized to take full advantage of the Z system's larger mount, Z lenses like the NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR gather substantially more light, providing even illumination and improved sharpness from the center of the frame to the far edges. Autofocusing is fast and quiet. Video recording is clean and smooth with highly minimized focus breathing and reduced wobbling. Intuitive on-lens controls can be customized to your individual shooting style and so much more. Z lenses are designed with a sense of consistency that combines reliability and beauty with next-dimension optical performance for complete freedom in image creation.
NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This quiet drive system makes the lenses ideal for use when shooting video.
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
Super Integrated Coating
Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass
An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.