The Case Relay Camera Power System (CPS) lets you power your camera continually with any USB 5V battery pack or wall power, providing peace of mind knowing you have an uninterrupted power source for your camera.
With Case Relay, youâll never run out of power and never need to stress about forgetting your camera batteries. If youâre shooting and get low on battery power, simply swap out external USB battery packs throughout your shoot. Case Relayâs internal UPS battery will keep your camera powered while you exchange external batteries. Utilising a wall outlet or multiple USB battery packs, you could in theory shoot forever with consistent power flowing to your camera through Case Relay.
How does it work?
Simply insert the Relay Camera Coupler directly into the camera battery port, attach it to the Case Relay CPS and power your camera with any standard 5V USB external battery (commonly known as a portable USB charger) or an AC power source, such as a wall outlet or generator. Because Relay also has its own secondary internal 1200 mAh battery, if your external battery runs low you can easily hot swap the external battery and not lose power to the camera. If you have access to AC wall power you can also use the Relay USB Wall Power Adapter (sold separate) for an infinite power source to the camera.
The Case Relay Camera Power System provides constant, uninterruptible power for your camera and is perfect for time-lapse photography, photo booths, video production, power-hungry LiveView shooting or any long day on the set. Connect Case Relay CPS to a Tether Tools Rock Solid External Battery Pack (10,000 mAh) and youâll be able to shoot considerably longer than you would with your standard camera battery. A 10,000mAh battery pack provides 3-10 times the power of most camera batteries, depending on the camera. Need more power? Hot swap in another power bank and continue shooting while never losing power to your camera.
- Power sources are nonproprietary. Power your camera with the same 5V battery you use to charge phones or tablets.
- Relay's Uninterruptible Power Source (UPS) features a 1200 mAh charge so you can hot swap batteries or power sources and still maintain power flowing to the camera.
- Never need to charge camera batteries again and never run out power.
- Compatible with most Canon, Nikon, Panasonic and Sony cameras.
- Third party camera couplers may require use of the included Relay Adapter Kit.
- Case Relay is ideal for time-lapse photography, astro-photography, or any photography that requires extended shooting time such as nature, fashion, landscape, architecture and more.
- Case Relay is ideal for video production as you can swap the External Battery Bank, without having to stop shooting to change camera batteries.
- Use it to power Photo booths to ensure consistent uptime throughout an event.
- Battery: Lithium 1200mAh 7.4V UPS battery
- Input: DC 5V 2A (Type A USB)
- Output: DC 8V Max 2A
- A Camera Coupler o Tether Tools Relay Camera Couplers support many different cameras.
- A 5V, 2A output power bank and/or 2.1A USB wall adapter is required.
o Tether Tools offers both, but most are compatible.
Â§ Rock Solid External Battery Pack, 5V, 2.1A output 10,000 mAh (30.RSBP10)
Â§ Rock Solid Dual USB 2.4A AC Wall Adapter (30.RSUWA)