TetherPro Premium SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Active Extension Cables are the latest technology available for the fastest and most reliable transfers.
Passive USB cables over 5m in length, for the purpose of data transmission, may result in signal errors and/or noise and are not recommended. TetherPro USB 3.0 cables can extend up to 10m in length when combining the camera Tether cable and the 5m Active Extension.
The TetherPro SuperSpeed 5m USB 3.0 extension cable, available in black or Hi-Vis Orange , is an active extension device. Active extension cables allow for longer tethering distances without worrying about signal errors or corrupt data transfers.
Designed to the highest USB specifications to filter out signal noise and reduce transmission errors, all cables are fully shielded to protect against external signal interference. With an active USB device, signals and data transfers going in and out of the extension cable are buffered to ensure consistent signal quality, meeting USBs highest electrical and timing specifications.
Set-up is simple, just plug the male end of the 5m Active Extension into your computer and then plug your camera or other devices USB cable into the female end of this extension cable so the repeater is closest to the device, not the computer.
- SuperSpeed USB has a 5 Gbps signalling rate offering 10x performance increase over Hi-Speed USB.
- Integrated Sync-N-Go technology which minimises user wait time.
- Optimised Power Efficiency. No device polling and lower active and idle power requirements.
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Devices interoperate with USB 2.0 platforms. Hosts support USB 2.0 legacy devices.
- Be sure to consult your equipment manufacturers specifications to ensure correct cable type and proper connections.
For additional cable management be sure to check out our JerkStopper In-Line System and complete line of JerkStopper Cable Retention Devices.