The Epson SureColor DS series has long offered a superior production platform; developed from the ground up for Dye Sublimation, it combines superior image quality, better colour, lower running costs, and higher reliability, all backed with a comprehensive factory warranty. The F560 takes the concept further with a low-cost package that provides a total imaging solution complete with software, ink and media. Designed for custom merchandise and décor production, it is also suited to photo imaging, hard signage, and even small fabric applications. It features a compact design with flexible media support, and a Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS). Prints are made on paper which transfers (sublimates) via a heat press onto material with a polyester base or polyester pre-treatment.
The SC-F560 is designed for an ad-hoc workflow and low production volumes. It features the latest Epson print head technology and has a media handling system that supports operation with sheet and roll stocks. It uses advanced Epson Dye Sublimation ink that is loaded into a small tank system using inexpensive bottles. The print head and ink work together to enable outstanding image quality with fine gradation, a wide gamut, and high colour density. The engine supports production speeds up to 21m2/hr while an integrated auto-cutter enables sheet-based output for operation with a wide variety of inexpensive 3rd party heat presses.
- Superior Quality – latest Epson PrecisionCore™ (TFP) print head and UltraChrome™ Dye Sub ink for precise imaging with superior colour at resolutions up to 2400x1200dpi, Epson Precision Dot Technology for prints with fine gradation, an expanded gamut, and low grain.
- Superior Reliability – designed to minimise dust and moisture intrusion, print head has an integrated crash guard, supplied with a comprehensive single-source manufacturer warranty augmented with optional CoverPlus for up to 3 years protection complete with on-site service1
- Superior Flexibility – supports rolls up to 24″ (610mm) and multipage A4/A3 sheet feeder with auto-switching, offers a range of print modes to suit different production and output requirements.
- Choice of two ink sets – CYMK (SC-F560) and CFpFyK (SC-F561) with two channels of Fluorescent ink that can be combined with Cyan and Black to produce a full rainbow of extra bright fluro colours.4
- High Productivity – produce an A4 print for rigid sublimation or A1 for fabric in around a minute, tank-based ink system can be refilled while printing is underway; incorporates an auto-cutter.
- Low Running Costs – low power and ink consumption, ink tanks refilled using inexpensive bottles, ships with Epson Accounting software for job costing1
- Easy to Install – compact design, desktop mountable, ships with media and over 1L of ink, optional floor stand with media basket, simple setup, flexible WiFi/Ethernet/USB networking
- Easy to Operate – all top-loaded consumables, large touch-panel display with in-built help, advanced driver enables operation with standard graphic software, supplied complete with high-precision Epson Edge Print software.1 2
The SureColor F560 incorporates an Epson PrecisionCore™ Thin Film print head with micro-fine nozzles that enable ultra-high resolution imaging with pinpoint accuracy. Driven by Epson Precision Dot Technology it facilities precise and predictable colour with superior density, and enhanced tonal expression. The printer has a range of print modes to suit different quality levels, production speeds, and sublimation media types. It suits a wide range of applications including art and photography, hard and soft signage, short run merchandise and décor, custom fabric and clothing.
The SC-F560 uses a simple 4 colour imaging system. The advanced UltraChrome Dye Sub ink works in conjunction with the print head to produce superior output with a lower production cost and enhanced mechanical reliability. When sublimated it produces a colour gamut that is equal or better than competing solutions with many more colours. It produces images with outstanding light and wash fastness, that are resistant to damage through abrasion and perspiration. When applied to polyester fabrics, the material conforms to the latest Oeko-Tex Eco Passport® standard and certified safe for use by adults, children and babies.2 3
The SureColor F560 is extremely compact with a footprint that is just 0.5m2. It can be mounted on a desk with single page prints held on exit to minimise mess and spoilage. It can also be floor mounted via an optional stand that incorporates a media basket for multi-page work. It supports both sheet and roll media with a convenient A4/A3 multi-sheet feeder and auto-switching. It ships with a spindle that supports roll media up to 24″ (610mm) wide. Additional spindles can be purchased separately to facilitate easy storage with rapid roll exchange. The printer is designed to be operated in conjunction with a flat sheet or specialty merchandise heat press and incorporates a rotary auto-cutter with selectable manual and automatic operation.1
The Epson DS Fabric series has been designed for reliable and cost-effective operation. The F560 features a Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) that can be refilled while printing is underway using inexpensive 140ml bottles. The printer can be managed via a front panel LCD with in-built help, or from a PC or Mac using the supplied driver and utility software. The engine features extremely low power consumption with sleep and standby modes to further reduce costs.
EASY TO INSTALL & CONFIGURE
Dye sublimation is designed to replace traditional screen printing. It is considerably simpler and less expensive for short to medium production runs with less labour, less materials, and less wastage. Digital imaging enables easier content creation and editing, more accurate and flexible reproduction. Production is mess-free and requires less space. Job turnaround is faster with accurate repeats able to be created at the push of a button. The process suits imaging onto fabric with a high polyester content and hard surface materials that will accept a polyester spray and withstand a moderate amount of heat and pressure. A wide range of products can be produced, including fabric banners and metal signage, custom cabinetry and sporting goods, phone covers and tablet cases, footwear (‘thongs’) and sportswear, wall decorations and home décor.
The SureColor F560 runs off a standard 240V power supply and can be driven by a PC of moderate specification. The printer ships complete with ink and media. It also ships with a driver that enables operation with standard graphic software. Additional Epson Accounting software assists with cost control while optional Edge Print software enables enhanced high-precision production with PostScript control.1