If you produce saleable photography, fine art, poster artwork or commercial POS, then the Epson SureColor Production range is for you. It provides a high speed, cost effective and flexible solution for printing high quality colour and premium black-and-white images in a wide format. It produces durable, ultra-high resolution output with a platform that has proven dependability and is easy to maintain.
The SureColor Production 10070 is a 44″ (1,118mm) Large Format Printer that is designed for medium-high volume graphic, fine art and poster printing. It supports a wide range of roll and sheet based media and features an all new PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head with Variable Sized Droplet Technology™ for output with superior resolution, gradations and colour density. It uses Epson UltraChrome® Pro all-pigment aqueous ink for quality colour and premium B&W output that is consistent, predictable and durable. The SC-P 10070 Cartridges feature an extra-large capacity for extended operation with a low cost per print due to the new PrecisionCore printhead and reduced running costs. The printer ships with an output bin for cut sheets as well as an optional Auto-Take-Up system for continuous roll to roll production.
- Superior Print Quality – Epson 2400x1200dpi PrecisionCore Micro TFP print head with VSDT for consistent and predictable output in ultra-high resolution with superior half tones and an optimised ink density.
- Superior Colour – 10 cartridge Epson UltraChrome Pro ink enables print with a high dMax and a wide colour gamut.
- Superior B&W – produces gallery quality black-and-white images with dedicated Photo & Matte Black ink lines for output on different media types.
- Good Image Stability – prints dry quickly to become water and scratch resistant. Output can be stored for extended periods with excellent lightfastness*.
- Flexible Operation – supports a wide range of media with fast print speeds. Handles roll based stock up to 44″ (1,118mm) wide and sheets up to Super B0. Supports board stocks up to 1.5mm thick, can print edge-to-edge and full borderless, supported by the new media feeding system.
- Easy to Use – 2.7″ Colour LCD control panel with integrated help as well as high visibility individual ink indicator lights. Spindle based roll media loading with adjustable tension, auto media management system and a heavy duty auto cutter.
- Reduced Production Costs – flexible interfacing, operates with reduced power consumption and accepts large, cost-effective cartridges up to 700ml. Requires minimum maintenance and is supplied in various configurations with an optional Postscript, Auto Take-Up system, and user selectable warranty / support packages. Compatible with a wide range of design, production, workflow management and rip software.
Buy An Epson SureColor 10070 purchased thru Kayell Australia will also include:
- FREE 1x Canson Infinity PhotoSatin 270gsm 1118mm x 30m
- Pay the difference to upgrade to another Canson Infinity Paper
- FREE 5x GamutMatte 120gsm 914mm x 30m
- Installation for Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane CBD customers
- Free colour management tune up, includes monitor profile, workflow and printer profile use.
- FREE custom profile creation for any Canson Infinity Inkjet Papers
- The above relates to customers printing via the Epson driver
The SureColor Production series features Epson’s patented PrecisionCore Micro TFP head technology with a 2400x1200dpi resolution. Unlike competing mechanisms that are based on heat, the Epson print head uses an electro-mechanical movement that is kinder to the ink chemistry, for better imaging with more stable output. While consuming less power and less ink, it is also more accurate, flexible and durable. Micro-fine drop-on-demand nozzles enable precise dot shaping, placement and volume/density control for more consistent results with less wastage. Variable-size Droplet Technology (VSDT) enables superior half-tones and optimised colour density with minimum ink consumption. Ten active channels are driven by an advanced LUT (Look-Up-Table) and a 10 cartridge ink supply system to provide an enhanced colour range. Dedicated Matte / Photo Black ink lines ensures the maximum possible dynamic range is achieved on a wide variety of media types and there is no extra ink wastage. Self-monitoring, alignment and cleaning systems ensure predictable, consistent and reliable output with minimal user maintenance.
10 channel PrecisionCore Micro TFP print head
When Epson launched UltraChrome K3 it established a new standard for aqueous (water based) ink technology. Epson has created a new ink for the SureColor Production series, the UltraChrome Pro ink set which adds an extra black(grey) ink to give this printer 5 blacks and 5 colours which increases the colour gamut even wider than its predecessor. Using an all-pigment formulation, it produces prints that dry quickly to become water and scratch resistant with a high Dmax. Colour is stable in just 30 minutes and can remain lightfast for approx 60 years*.
The SureColor Production range is colorimetric calibrated during assembly to ensure that colour proofs, photographic and fine–art prints from different printers of the same model remain totally consistent. The ink features a colour constancy level of less than DeltaE 1.0 so that prints remain visually consistent when viewed under different lights and lighting conditions.
Flexible and Easy to Operate
The SureColor P10070 is a floor-standing printer with a 44″ (1,118mm) wide carriage and improved flexible media handling. It supports basic bond paper, photo and fine-art paper, transparent film, translucent back-lit, canvas and specialist synthetic media. It accepts roll media via a spindle mounting with integrated tension adjustment and has a high-speed auto-cutter which will cut most stocks including canvas. The printer ships with one spindle that supports rolls with either 2″ or 3″ cores. Additional spindles can be ordered separately for environments that involve high volume work with multiple media types. An integrated barcoding system helps track individual roll consumption while also enabling rapid exchange with automatic re-configuration for different media types. The printer supports sheet media and has a straight through paper path for solid board. It comes with a retractable output basket as well as an optional Auto Take-Up system for roll-to-roll printing and off-line / automated post-production. The ATU supports forward and reverse winding to enable de-curling. The printer supports edge-to-edge printing on sheet and roll media and will print full borderless on roll stocks.
The new SureColor Production series has an advanced new Media Feeding System to ensure superior print quality, consistency and linearity at the highest production speeds. New compass tracks+ the media as it passes through the printer, taking snapshots of the back surface and adjusting the feed roller to ensure smooth & accurate movement. New inductive rollers work to ensure consistent tension and parallelism with a reduced tendency for velocity changes and skewing which can otherwise affect the output quality.
The SureColor Production range has been designed for professional and commercial applications. All models feature fast and flexible networking facilities. They have LCD screens with an easy to follow menu system and in-built help. The printer can be configured remotely and has driver software available to suit most operating systems. Ink cartridges are pressurised to ensure maximum output precision and feature an enhanced capacity for extended operation and a reduced cost per print. The printer confirms Epson’s corporate directive for cost effective and durable operation with minimum environmental impact. It consumes Less Power and Less Ink is used to produce Superior Quality Print. Its large 700ml ink cartridges are also cheaper to purchase. Printers purchased in Australia & New Zealand are backed with a comprehensive service and support program with flexible ‘heads-‘n all’ cover that can be extended out to a total of FIVE YEARS. **
* Accelerated testing of prints on specialty glossy photo paper based on the Japanese standard JEITA CP-3901A. If prints are treated and stored appropriately then light stability is 60 years and gas fastness is 60 years. IMPORTANT: Actual stability will vary according to the media, image, surface treatment, display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not provide any warranty or guarantee on the longevity of prints.
** Service and support is provided for product supplied through Epson Australia. This facility is provided in conjunction with the Epson Authorised Large Format Reseller network. Limitations apply to the provision of on-site service. Regional locations and certain installation situations may attract additional charges. Service may be restricted or limited when equipment is used outside of specification &/or with non-Epson consumables. Printers ship with a comprehensive twelve month on-site warranty. Parts and labour coverage can be extended using one or more Epson CoverPlus 1 and 2 year packages up to a total maximum total of 5 years (including the initial 12 months). All cover is conditional with customers directed to read our Warranty Terms and Conditions prior to Purchase.