Why the BRX 500?
The BRX range gives more freedom to photographers in their workflow.
- Short flash duration
- Fast recycling time
- Additional control options
- Accurate exposures with consistent colour
- Available in 250 Ws or 500 Ws
- Compatible with many accessories
Revolving around an updated triggering system, the BRX 500/500 Softbox To Go Kit from Elinchrom is a versatile two-light lit comprising everything needed for basic lighting setups and wireless control. Beyond the two lights and EL-Skyport Plus wireless transmitter, this kit also includes one rectangular softbox, one octagonal softbox, a translucent deflector, a pair of light stands and light stand case, and a durable storage bag for the lights and light modifiers.
The BRX 500 is a portable, multi-voltage 500Ws monolight offering variable power control down to 31Ws along with a fast recycle time of 0.34 sec and flash duration of 1/1158 sec at full power for freezing fast-moving subjects. The light is also characterized by its integrated EL-Skyport receiver, which is compatible with the included EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus for wireless remote triggering and power control from up to 656' away. This transmitter allows you to trigger and set flash power for up to four groups, as well as an all groups setting, and 16 different channels, which are split between eight normal channels and eight hi-speed channels. A locking metal accessory shoe connector allows you to secure the transmitter directly to a camera, a top hot shoe and a 2.5mm sync port are available for directly connecting an additional strobe, and a swiveling design helps to improve reception for more direct transmission.
- Built-in EL-Skyport receiver for triggering.
- EL-Skyport with 8 Frequency Channels with 4 Groups.
- EL-Skyport Speed Sync mode for synchronization up to a 1/320 s on enabled SLR cameras.
- Pre-flash detector system to enable the use of BRX with speedlights.
- Visual Flash Confirmation option. The modelling lamp comes on to confirm the flash has been triggered.
- Proportional, maximum, minimum and independent adjustment of the modelling lamp.
- Variable f-stop steps: 1/1, 5/10, 4/10, 3/10, 2/10 or 1/10 steps are available.
- Programmable ready beep function.
- Power Auto-dump.
- Automatic temperature controlled ventilation.
- Action flashtube for sharper images.
- Multi-voltage auto-detection: 90-270 V (excluding modelling lamp).
- 5V sync socket for maximum protection of digital cameras.
- High impact resistant body shell.
- Accessory bayonet allowing the complete range of light modifiers.
- Rubberised handgrip with built-in fuse storage.
EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus
The EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus from Elinchrom is the latest evolution of EL-Skyport wireless radio triggers. Sixteen channels are available: 8 in Normal and 8 in Speed mode, with 4 discrete groups for different or sequentially triggered lighting setups at distances up to 656'. Channels 1, 3, and 7 are compatible with all enabled EL-Skyport units while channels 1, 3, 7, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 20 are only compatible with the ELC Pro HD flash head and the ELB 400 battery pack system. A 2.5mm sync socket extends the transmitter's versatility to cameras without hot shoes or for hard-wired flash units. The EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus runs on easily sourced AA batteries.
- Trigger reliably and adjust flash power up to 656' away
- 4 groups and all selection
- 16 different channels available (8 in Normal mode and 8 in Speed mode)
- Quick increase or decrease of the flash power per group
- Metal hot-shoe connector with screw lock
- 2.5mm sync socket
- Normal and Speed sync mode (for leaf shutter cameras)
- All functions can be easily adjusted
- More reliable and consistent triggering
- Enhanced swivel function helps to improve reception
- Continued choices when setting up your strobes
- Increased number of channels giving more options when working with or in multiple setups
- Control light power at the camera
- No more fussing with button batteries, uses AA batteries available everywhere
- Better locking functionality while connected to yourcamera
- Increases the flexibility of use with a 2.5mm sync socket
- 2x Elinchrom BRX 500 Flash Heads
- Inc, modelling lamp, protective cap, sync cord and mains cable
- 1x Elinchrom Portalite Square Softbox 66 x 66cm
- 1x Elinchrom Portalite Octa Softbox 56cm
- 1x Elinchrom Translucent Defector
- 1x Elinchrom Skyport Transmitter Plus
- 1x Lighting Stand Set (2x 88 â 235cm Stands With Bag)
- 1x Tube Case for D-Lite 2/4 Flash Heads
- 1x Xlite Pro Umbrella 90cm Octa Softbox
- 1x 2 Year Manufactures Warranty
Xlites Pro Series Softboxes come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Designed with a recessed front edge so the included grid and mask can be easily fitted in order to meet the specific needs of all types of photographers. These newly designed lighting modifiers have been manufactured to stand up to everyday use by professional photographers.
Xlite Pro Octa Softbox for Elinchrom features:
Durable, heat-resistant material, making it suitable for use with any flash, LED and fluorescent light sources
Stippled silver lining, for even, edge-to-edge light throughout the softbox
Coated outer diffuser, for more durability and to eliminate magenta colour shift
Inner diffuser, for a more even and softer look
Grid & mask, for better control of light on the subject or background.
Folds down like a regular Umbrella, but expands straight into a strip softbox for instant use
Xlite Pro Octa softboxes create a unique, natural-looking light that is not easily replicated by traditional square or rectangular softboxes. These unique features make Octa softboxes ideal for portraiture and fashion photography. The rounded shape of an octa creates a natural, round catch light in the subjectsâ eyes. Unlike traditional square or rectangular softboxes, octa softboxes do not have a long straight edge. This creates a wrapping effect that opens up shadows and creates a natural, gradual gradient from highlight to shadow. Octa softboxes are typically used as a main light, or as a soft fill light indoors or out.
Perfect for on-location shooting. It folds down like a regular umbrella but expands straight into a octa softbox for instant use, saving time over traditional softboxes which require rods and speed rings for assembly. The recessed front diffuser allows for more precise positioning and feathering of light. Included is a removable grid and mask to better control light spill in situations when accuracy is essential.
Xlite 90cm Pro Umbrella Octa Softbox for Elinchrom Includes:
- Outer reflective material
- Outer diffuser
- Inner diffuser
- Speed ring to fit adaptor
- Elinchrom softbox adaptor 14.4cm
- Grid and Mask
- 8 Support Rods
- Carry bag