The 504X Fluid Video Head with Flat Base from Manfrotto features an open bridge design that provides a stable, smooth performance while reducing weight. The head’s patented bridge technology allows for a wider top surface and longer sliding plate that add stability and balance. The head features a flat base with a 3/8″-16 female mounting thread that allows compatibility with a wide range of tripods, monopods, sliders, jibs, and dollies, and a variety of rigs.
With its ability to support up to 26.5 lb, the 504X can be used with a variety of video and photo cameras and rigs. The pan and tilt counterbalance system includes four presets from 0 to 4.8 to 9.7 to 14.3 lb, enabling proper balance no matter what the camera’s size or weight. At the same time, variable friction components with clearly marked degree scales and vibration-free movement bring new levels of fine-tuning to your tilts and pans. A leveling bubble keeps horizons from tilting, even in the dark, while independent disc-brake locks make sure the head stays secure when at rest.
Whether you’re using a pro camcorder or an accessorized DSLR, the 504X provides a 504PLONGR-1 sliding quick release plate with 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 threads to balance the camera properly on your rig. The head is made from durable aluminum and includes a pan bar that can be attached via rosettes on either the right or left side to help create smooth pan-and-tilt movements.
- Fluid drag system for precise, smooth movements
- Wide top surface and long sliding plate for extra stability and balance while using video or photo equipment
- Four-step counterbalance system ensures quick setup and optimal performance
- Rigid structure for maximum precision and improved responsiveness
- Lightweight aluminum for optimum balance of strength and size