A favored focal length for everything from landscape to street shooting, the NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S is a prime wide-angle lens characterized by its versatility and bright f/1.8 maximum aperture. Furthering its merits, the optical design features two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements, which reduce a variety of aberrations and distortion to produce imagery with high sharpness, clarity, and accurate colour rendering. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings are used, too, to suppress flare and ghosting for greater colour fidelity and higher contrast.
Benefitting the optics, a stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. Additionally, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and colour rendering.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.