Compact and versatile, the Nikon Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lensis a 24-75mm-equivalent zoom designed for DX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras. Covering a wide-angle to portrait-length zoom range, this lens is well-suited to everyday shooting situations. Its optical design incorporates aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce a variety of aberrations for sharper, clearer image quality throughout the zoom range. A Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and colour accuracy in bright and backlit conditions.
The lens's flexible focal length range is complemented by Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. Also, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
Key Features of the Nikon Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens
- One extra-low dispersion elements reduces colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements minimize spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
The Nikon Z 16-50mm is perfect for:
The wide end of the zoom range is tailor-made for shooting in cramped spaces. A minimum focus distance of just 0.2 m lets you focus sharply on close-up details.
From bold expressions to fleeting gestures, youâll capture brilliant detail even when you shoot in low light. Bokeh is smooth, for beautifully blurred backgrounds.
Movies to love
This lens lets you move from scene-setting wide shots to close-ups with ease. Youâll capture 4K footage thatâs sharp and steady, even if youâre filming while walking.
User-friendly | Compact | Lightweight
The silent control ring can be used for key functions including manual focus, aperture control (great for fading in or out during video recording), or exposure compensation.
Never miss a shooting opportunity. The button-free retractable-lens mechanism is quick and easy to use. You simply extend or retract the lens by rotating the zoom ring.
Lens in your pocket
This DX mirrorless zoom weighs just 135 grams and is ultra-compact when retracted. When you retract the lens, it locks in place so it wonât extend unexpectedly.